Monday, January 27, 2014

Green Goodness Smoothie



Fog
The fog comes 
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city 
on silent haunches 
and then moves on.
- Carl Sandburg

Vancouver has been living this poem for well over a week now. The fog rolls in and out morning and night. And the city's fog horns play their eerie symphony all night long. Their sad, low tunes have even awoken me from deep sleep a few times!

The fog couldn't hide this magnificent eagle on Jericho Beach!

The fog caught between the water and mountains.


Today in the fog.

What it looks like on Sunny day.


As I sit looking out on my fog covered city, I am sipping a new combo of flavours in my Sunday smoothie -spinach, strawberries, pear and a drop of honey. I wasn't sure I would like it because I put in a whole bunch of spinach but the pear flavor was what shone through and the frozen strawberries gave it a nice slushy consistency. To be honest I'm not sure the honey added anything so I think you could leave it out.
My bunch of spinach.


I want to paint something! Love this colour!

Makes 3 cups.

Ingredients

1 bunch of fresh spinach or 2 cups chopped
1 cup strawberries, frozen
1/2 pear
1 cup water or to cover
1 tsp honey

Directions

Place everything in blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth.


2 comments:

  1. I love the color of that smoothie and the flavors. Great job :)

    Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so awesome! I love the vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete